Adult Ballet Program
Jump in! Ballet Fantastique's Adult Ballet Program with BFan company dancer and college-educated dance teacher Leanne Mizzoni features Ballet Fantastique's beautiful downtown dance studios, learning at your own pace, and a fun and motivated atmosphere.
- What to Wear: Relaxed dress code (ballet, yoga, or a mix of workout clothes ok). Ballet slippers are required and layers are recommended. The CCD studio provides a spacious dressing room for your convenience.
- Locations/Parking: CCD is the City Center for Dance Studio, 960 Oak. Annex is the Annex Studio, 60 E. 10th Ave. Both beautiful studios are located in downtown Eugene, with parking above in the Oak Street Overpark. Parking is free on evenings and weekends, and for the first hour.
- BALLET CLASSES: Drop-Ins/Class Cards: Drop ins are welcome, but we highly recommend a class card: 10-class card $150, 20-class card (best value) $240. Class cards are valid for a whole year after the date of purchase, so they're definitely your best deal! Individual drop-in class $20. Please be prepared to pay with cash or check, or purchase your card now below with our PayPal button if you prefer to pay by card! Thanks!
- CORE SCULPT: $10 Drop-Ins; best value $30/month
- Recommended: Adult Program Registration Form (required for all classes, even drop-ins—forms are also available at the studio)
- Wondering if there's class? Check out the Class Calendar
NEW! ONLINE CLASS CARD PURCHASE FOR BALLET CLASSES
Use our easy and secure PayPal button below to purchase a class card with your credit/debit card of choice, and it will be waiting for you at the studio with Ms. Leanne.
NEW! CORE SCULPT
It's time to get Ab-Tastic...This NEW, fast-paced 30-minute class is devoted to developing the all-important core. Set to inspiring music, CORE SCULPT offers dynamic core exercises inspired by Pilates and contemporary dance movement to challenge students of all levels. Join us to make the middle of your week a whole lot better! Relaxed attire. Bring a friend!
- SCHOOL YEAR WEDNESDAY CLASSES (schedule runs ongoing Wed. Feb. 6, 2013-Wed. Jun. 19, 2013, except holidays and for company performances—see the Class Calendar): Wednesdays, 5:30-6 pm (CCD studio)
- Instructor: Ballet Fantastique Company dancer and Stott-trained Pilates instructor Caitlin Christopher
- Individual drop-in class $10, or get the best deal with the monthly rate (see below)
- Community students: $30/month: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
- Current BFan students/parents (adult students with a current class card—or any BFan current Prof. Div. student or parent): Just $20 a month (AND in the month of February, add a family member—parent or sibling—for just $10 a month extra. Moms, while your dancer is taking Weds. night Character, this is a great deal for you! CONTACT US TO REGISTER
- Recommended: Pilates/yoga mat
Build core strength, flexibility, and muscle tone with a mix of Pilates-based exercises and a real Russian "floor barre." This class produces great effects for dancers and non-dancers (parents, you too!) alike.
- SCHOOL YEAR SATURDAY CLASSES (schedule runs Sat. Sept. 8, 2012-Sat. Jun. 15, 2013, except holidays and for company performances—see the Class Calendar): Saturdays, 1:30-2 pm (CCD studio)
- Individual drop-in class $10, or use your Adult Ballet Program class card (see rates above)
- Recommended: Pilates/yoga mat
Photos: Tony Lee, 5d-Creative
Beginning/Intermediate Drop-In Adult Classes
Fall in love with Leanne's awesome, upbeat teaching style. See true gains in your physical fitness and flexibility. Classes are designed to build excellent, clear technique and alignment, even as more advanced ballet concepts are introduced. Especially for those who have had at least a bit of dance training in their background (or a lot!), these classes focus on clarity and control, and are adjusted to your personal level. Learn real classical dance technique in a way that makes sense and doesn't cut corners. Ask questions and develop confidence with Leanne's personal attention, be inspired by Ballet Fantastique's motivated atmosphere, and focus and grow at your own pace as a dancer. Individual and group correction and instructions are given, and questions are always encouraged!
Morning, evening, and weekend classes are offered (see schedule below), and all classes are held at the beautiful Ballet Fantastique studios in downtown Eugene.
- SCHOOL YEAR MORNING CLASSES (schedule runs Saturday Sept. 8, 2012 through Wednesday Jun. 19, 2013, except holidays and for company performances—see the Class Calendar): Mondays, Wednesdays 9:45-11 am; Saturdays 9:30-11 am (CCD studio)
- SCHOOL YEAR SCHEDULE EVENING CLASSES (schedule runs Tuesday Sept. 11, 2012 through Tuesday Jun. 18, 2013, except holidays and for company performances—see the Class Calendar): Tuesdays 7-8:30 pm (CCD studio)
- SUMMER 2013 CLASSES: Summer class schedule starts again Monday, July 1, 2013 (watch for schedule updates)