Are you looking for a summer filled with fun and learning in art, music, and dance? Ballet Fantastique's summer arts activity camps for kids in Eugene are specially developed to promote kids' creativity and dance skills, while also boosting learning. Ballet Fantastique is your boutique professional ballet studio.
What Sets Our Young Dancer Program Camps & Classes Apart
Kids' classes are creative and fun, with an age-appropriate dash of imagination and sparkle! Caring, expert professional teachers teach every class; Limited workshop sizes ensure lots of personal attention and a more accelerated learning environment for all students; End-of-week performance allows dancers to show and share learning; Supplementary experiences in art and music enhance learning and support student creativity!
Camp tuition is all-inclusive: Daily class with a professional dance teacher, healthy daily snack, crafts (including supplies, and all activities)! Also includes use of performance costume. Students will need their own dance attire and ballet slippers (see below). All camps are $100/week. If a student registers for more than one camp, a discount of $25 applies, making the total for two camps $175.
Camps for Ages 2 - 3
- Thumbelina & the Bugs Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Wednesday, June 26 - 28, 9 to 11 a.m. CCD
- Teddy Bear Picnic Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Wednesday, August 21 - 23, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. ANNEX
Camps for Ages 4 - 7
- Cinderella Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, July 24 - 28, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
- Coppelia & the Toy Shop Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, August 7 - 11, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
- Peter and the Wolf Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, August 14 - 18, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
Camps for Ages 6 - 9
- Swan Lake Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, July 17 - 21, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. ANNEX
- Snow Queen Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, July 31 - August 4, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
Summer Bitsy Ballerinas and Danseurs class (ages 2-3)
Students explore awareness of music, rhythm, and movement. Through classroom activities, children refine motor skills and develop creativity, social skills, and body awareness!
- Thursdays 9:30 - 10 a.m. (30 mins)
- 6 Thursdays: July 10 - August 18: $68 for the 6-week session (with discounts for kids from the same family and option to pro-rate)
Summer Twinkling Stars classes (ages 3-5)
Classes develop strength, creative thinking, rhythm, musicality, and expression.
- Tuesdays 9:15 - 10 a.m. (45 mins)
- 6 Tuesdays: July 10 - August 18: $78 for the 6-week session (with discounts for kids from the same family and option to pro-rate)
NEW!! Youth Contemporary Workshop
In this fun workshop for ages 8 - 13, students will explore musicality, coordination, basic footwork, improvisation, and style in contemporary techniques including contemporary ballet, modern, jazz, musical theater, conditioning, and even choreography/improvisation. Students will receive exceptional training while also experiencing the wider world of dance. Each day includes a custom (and fun!) mix of classes. As always, The Academy of Ballet Fantastique's professional instructors engage students with tasteful and age-appropriate musical selections and movement content. Beginners welcome!
TWO WEEKS! Sign up for one or both:
July 10 - 14 from 9 - 11 a.m.
July 17 - 21 from 9 - 11 a.m.
Cost: $125 for each workshop or $200 for both
Artist Adventure Camp
Dance enthusiasts ages 7-12 explore a variety of dance forms, choreography, and visual arts projects in a full-day camp experience. The week-long session is a fun, in-depth exploration of the arts, and campers will venture on various arts field trips, including to the Hult Center, MECCA, and more!
Youth Workshop and Camp Info
Registration is ongoing; you may enroll at any time that a camp has openings! (Before Feb. 29: $10 Early Registration Discount; After Jun. 1: $10 Late Registration Fee). Dancers must be potty-trained in order to enroll in camp.
NOTE: Camps fill quickly, and early registration is highly recommended!
- Your $25 nonrefundable Deposit will be charged at the time of enrollment, which will be directly applied towards your balance due.
- The remainder of tuition is due on or before the first day of class, and will be charged on the first day of camp/class. Please note: Ballet Fantastique does not offer refunds after the first day of camp (since activities, snacks, craft materials, and teacher time have already been paid for for your dancer), but if you are not able or choose not to complete the week, tuition credit may be used as a credit towards a future Ballet Fantastique class, camp, or performance within the next 12 months.
- There is NO Registration Fee for any summer dance camp, class, or workshop at Ballet Fantastique.
- Please contact us with any questions!
- Unless otherwise noted (e.g., full day Adventure Camps), Camp cost is $100/Storybook Camp OR $175 for any two Storybook Camps ($87.50/each) (*Must be used for the same student, non-transferrable—thanks for your understanding!) Other prices are noted above.
- This highly competitive fee is all-inclusive: Use of performance costume, stage make-up, healthy daily snack, and all classes and activities!
- Early Drop-Off/Late Pick Up (supervised activities with BFan counselors) is available for a small additional fee; please contact us.
- Please note that there are no refunds or make-ups for Summer Camp absences.
- Tuition and Deposit are non-refundable except in the case of Ballet Fantastique's decision to cancel a camp, in which tuition will either be fully refunded, or you may use tuition credit towards another camp of your choosing.
- Multiple Camp Discount: One camp for $100 or choose any two camps for $175
- Current BFan Student Discount: $10 off for current BFan students
- Early Registration Discount: $10 off when you register before Feb. 29!
- Family Discount: 10% off each additional sibling
- Referral Rewards: $25 referral credit when someone registers and credits your referral
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- See Getting Ready for Class » for attire guidelines.
- NOTE: We recommend that dancers come to the studio with dance clothes on, ready to dance. However, students should wear appropriate street shoes and a cover-up for travel to/from the studio; ballet slippers should never be worn outside, and a cover-up should always be worn.
- Please label dance slippers with student initials, so that they can be returned to you if left behind.
- Dancers are also welcome to bring a water bottle (also with initials).
- Necklaces and bracelets are not permitted in class.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the studio on the professional dance floor.
- Hair should be neatly pulled back.
BALLET STUDIO COURTESIES
- Try your best to always be on time for class.
- Strollers should be folded whenever possible and should not be left blocking walkways.
- Children should not run on the premises and are expected to use their indoor voices.
- Please be sure to clean up after eating.
- We do our best to keep the school a nut-free zone. Please only bring nut-free snacks into the ballet school.
- Valuables should not be left unattended. The school is not responsible for lost articles.
- We appreciate your help in keeping the studio clean and safe.
Looking for something for an older or more serious dancer? Classes & Camps for ages 7 & up: Ballet Brilliante, Ballet Andante, Ballet Bravo, Ballet Concerto »